SEASONAL FLU VACCINATION DURING COVID19
Due to the current Coronavirus Pandemic, flu clinics will run very differently this year. All patients will need to be aware of and adhere to the following rules in order to receive their flu vaccination:
- Please call your surgery once you have received your letter and book an appointment.
- It is essential that you arrive ON TIME, NOT EARLY or LATE.
- We will be offering the flu vaccination only on the clinic dates, there will be no other services available to ensure all patients are in and out of the building as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Patients MUST be wearing a face mask or covering.
- All patients will have their temperature checked before entering the building.
- Staff will be on hand to direct patients and ensure social distancing is observed.
- Patients are required to wear short sleeves and as few layers as possible.
- Any garment you do have to remove, you will need to carry yourself and put back on once outside the surgery building to avoid causing delays for the patients behind you.
- Due to the large numbers of patients, you will need to vacate immediately using the back door.
- If you have limited mobility or are likely to require assistance please notify reception at the time of making your appointment.
Patients must abide by the above points for the safety of themselves, other patients and our staff. Anyone who is not observing Surgery guidance will not be seen.
Thank you for your cooperation in these challenging times, we will do our best to continue to provide you with the friendly and efficient service you are used to from Collington and Ninfield Surgery.
Dr D Warden, Dr G Singh, Dr Gooderick & Dr Mangiri
SEASONAL FLU VACCINATION INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS AGED 50-64
Please note that, if you are aged between 50 and 64 and not in a clinical at risk group, the earliest you will be offered a flu vaccination is November, providing there is sufficient vaccine. No appointments will be offered for people in this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are aged 50 to 64 and are in a clinical ‘at risk’ group which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Coronavirus Update For Patients
WE ARE DOING OUR UTMOST TO KEEP PATIENTS AND STAFF SAFE DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
- We have installed a buzzer system on the front door; this is to ensure that only patients with prebooked appointments are attending our surgery, and to keep numbers in the building down to ensure patients can maintain social distancing within our waiting room.
- We are taking the temperature of all staff and patients that enter the building using a contactless thermometer.
- Our clinical team members are allowing extra time between patients to clean the room.
- Anyone needing to see a GP will be triaged via telephone, and should you need to be seen a video or face to face consultation will be arranged.
- We are not seeing patients with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 here. If you have symptoms that you feel you cannot manage alone at home please telephone us as usual; should you need to be seen an appointment will be arranged for you to be seen at a hub off site
Please continue to follow government guidance in regards to isolation if you have a fever, cough and/or loss of smell or taste. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
Thank you to all of our wonderful patients and staff for bearing with us through this challenging time.
Welcome to Collington Surgery
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need about all three of our locations. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription which is due to be available to patients later this year.Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know.Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you. Why not visit NHS Choices and rate our surgery https://www.nhs.uk/Services/GP/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=44427 or contact us directly at your local surgery.
Click here for a link to http://www.hastingsandrotherccg.nhs.uk/#
Did you know that you can now see an NHS GP by video using LIVI. You can get medical advice, prescriptions and referrals on the same day – even at weekends. The service is provided free on the NHS.
You can download the LIVI app to your mobile phone or tablet, at the App Store or Google Play. Or visit www.livi.co.uk for more information.
LIVI GPs are all GMC-registered NHS GPS, who (with your consent) will be able to access your medical records and give you a considered, in-depth diagnosis based on your medical history.
Get the LIVI app here:
Engage Consult Online - CLICK HERE
(Site updated 03/09/2020)